Thursday, November 11, 2010

When you wish upon a star, anything your heart desires will come to you

Today is my favorite day of the entire year. We've all heard it when the clock strikes 11:11 - "kiss the clock and make wish!" But, today is 11/11 -a day where you have free reign to make wishes ALL day long. I've developed a serious liking to this day - in fact most would probably consider it weird. But, I embrace weird so that's fine.

It all started when I was 17 - I happened to see "Serendipity" that November 11th. If you haven't seen Serendipity, I'd probably recommend you keep it that way. But the point is, the movie is all about fate and destiny. The idea that there's a plan ahead. Seemed to be a nice fit for the day. After the movie, I walked on over to the neighborhood Chili's to enjoy some chicken crispers. And the rest is history.

To me, a wish is hope. 11/11 is a day to remind yourself of all the dreams, goals, and for lack of a better word, wishes, you have for yourself and those most important to you. So for the past eight years on November 11th, I've dined at Chili's with my closest friends. Kind of odd, but it's like my own personal celebration of hope for what's to come. So, make a wish, and make another, because you have all day today. The optimist in me says they'll all come true :)

1 comment: