Monday, August 9, 2010

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

No fear my coveted eight followers, I'm back. It took an email reminder from three of my best friends who were traveling together this weekend letting me know that one of their conversation topics was my piss poor attempt at a blog. My apologies, and I promise to pull it together.

However, even though I hate excuses I have one. I've spent the last five to six weeks in a traveling, entertaining, eating, drinking, socializing, working late, not sleeping, cat purchasing, overall exhausting but awesome tornado. Some highlights include a trip to Chicago to visit friends and family, Austin for some live music, a visit to Dallas from my best friend from high school, and recently the wedding of two dear friends.

Now that the dust has settled, I finally had a chance to make it to church yesterday. The sermon was entitled "Actions Speak Louder Than Words." You hear this phrase all the time, your grandmother or perhaps first grade teacher said it to you. But it got me thinking - this should be on a post-it on my mirror as an overall life reminder. Don't just talk, DO.

For the last six weeks I've talked a lot - "As soon as all this traveling is done, I'm going to yoga every day at 5:30 AM." "I'm going to stop eating Taco Bell after 2 AM - or ever for that matter." "I'm going to get back in touch with so and so...just like old times. Next week." Granted these are small in the scheme of things, but you have to start somewhere I guess. It's easy to get lost in the hype and become complacent in what we're used to. Because frankly what's comfortable certainly isn't bad. But, think of all the excitement that could come from the new. New friends, new hobbies, new experiences....or perhaps even the riddance of bad habits (cough cough Taco Bell) - all seem like good things to me. So, I now leave you with wise words from my boss - "Go and do."

P.S. - Next time you see me I'll probably be super cut from all that yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment